Receptionist / Scheduling Assistant
Receptionist/Scheduling Assistant (Center Support Specialist)
ABS Kids is looking for a Center Support Specialist to join our team. The Center Support Specialist is responsible for being the first face for clients that come into the clinical offices and assist employees in a variety of ways. In addition this role is responsible for providing administrative support to the regional administration team and providers. This role is subject to change as we reorganize internal functions and requires flexibility, adaptability, and comfort with change.
Our Administrative Support team members play a vital role in advancing our mission to make a difference in the lives of children with autism spectrum disorder and their families. Every team member at ABS Kids is passionate about providing best in class support to our direct care providers, who in turn deliver the highest quality ABA therapy to our patients.
What would you do?
- Greet clients and make sure appropriate forms are complete, insurance cards uploaded, and a picture of the patient is on file.
- Make reminder calls one week prior to and the day before scheduled appointments
- Review account to see if a patient has missing documents and obtain any missing information
- Reschedule cancellations/No call no shows for assessments
- Look over all inventory, including office supplies, kitchen supplies, cleaning supplies, and any clinical requests on a weekly basis
- Fill out the order request form on a weekly basis
- Communicate needs to the office manager in an emergency situation
- Tidy lobby to maintain a professional atmosphere and all other areas of the ABA Therapy Center
- Mail paper packets to clients as needed
- Answer calls and emails from clients and staff as needed
- Put up office supplies and mark log as received as they are received
- Assist providers with any questions or office needs
- Make sure the mail is distributed daily
- Modify/adjust Behavior Technicians (BTs) schedules when patients cancel
- Communicate with supervising Behavior Analyst about schedule changes
- Responsible for the tracking and administration of the cancellation policy
- Work with our BTs when they need to cancel due to illness and make sure those patients are rescheduled
- Ensure BT submits PTO in our payroll system as needed
- Run weekly reports to monitor call outs by Behavior Technicians.
- Run daily unconverted appointments audit report
- Adhere to federal HIPAA regulations, as well as any company policies & procedures
Why work for ABS Kids?
- $18.00 / hour - based on qualifications
- Full benefits - Typical hours M-F 8a-5p
- Casual work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
Who We Are:
- ABS Kids is dedicated to empowering children with autism spectrum disorders and their families to reach their full potential - helping them learn, grow and reach incredible milestones.
- We take pride in our stellar support for providers, so they can do what they do best - deliver the highest quality ABA Therapy to our patients.
- At ABS Kids we are empowered by the breadth of our differences. Our mission is to create a culture where all people thrive because their diverse stories are heard and celebrated. We commit to an evolving understanding of diversity as we learn from one another.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Who are we looking for?
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience: 1-2 years of medical office or administrative office experience
- Professional and excellent communication skills
- This position requires the ability to multi-task and have a high attention to detail
- Computer literacy skills including Microsoft Office